Friday, February 28, 2014

Flashback Friday!



I first read this book in fifth-grade. I grew up in a family of boys and so I instantly identified with the relationships Scout had with Jem and Dill. But more than anything I idolized Atticus. To Kill a Mockingbird is a coming of age story in which the moral values of Scout Finch are molded . . . as mine were while I read and re-read this book at an early age.


Check out this classic and see what you'll discover!
  

"To Kill a Mockingbird has earned many distinctions since its original publication in 1960. It won the Pulitzer Prize, has been translated into more than forty languages, sold more than thirty million copies worldwide, and been made into an enormously popular movie. Most recently, librarians across the country gave the book the highest of honors by voting it the best novel of the twentieth century."



No comments:

Post a Comment